The Contingency Plan

Monday, September 18, 2006

Wax on, wax off

I feel pretty slack about the last of quality posts lately. And this is going to be such a boring one too as I feel the need to brain dump all of my washy wishy thoughts.

* I've decided to become more active as my body is feeling stronger now, a whole month after my operation. So yesterday I did two loads of laundry, weeded the garden, raked up all of the leaves, thoroughly scrubbed both bathrooms and tidied the house (I fired our last cleaner as he was hopeless) and I actually have sore muscles today.

* Chloe and I are absolutely bombarded with work lately and we're working any time that we can to fit it all in. This month marks our business' first birthday and we're entering an interesting phase as it's time to get out of survival mode and think more strategically about our direction.

* My Dad's getting re-married this Saturday. More than ever, I feel like I'm loosing him.

* I took Hugo to one of his playgroups for the first time last week and everyone thought I was his new au pair

* In between all of our consumer clients, I've been working with an amazing organisation to help establish a new national charity. I'll soon have to attend some pretty swishy functions again.

About a year ago, Mum offered me a two thousand dollar wardrobe if I lost about 10-20kgs. I haven't lost the weight out of pure laziness but have been pretty determined of late and am wondering whether I should take her up on this offer. This way I can look fabulous with a wardrobe to suit, basically for free.

Yes, I'm being totally fickle when there are more serious, human rights issues to action.

* For the first time in my life, I'm considering a diet pill. I realise fat bastards should work hard to rid themselves of lard, but I'm thinking I just need the initial boost to get me going.

Sure, I can justify almost anything.

* It's so fucking corny, but I just love the Carpenter's "Close to You"
posted by kazumi at 9:39 pm

5 Comments:

Glad the business is going great. If you are percieved as younger than Chloe, that's fine, since marketing and advertising thrive on youth and energy. It should balance out well.

Soon Hugo will be 2!
Blogger junebee, at 2:31 am  
Can you believe how fast time has travelled??

Wow.

Do you have anything planned for Branch and Blossom's big day? And we definitely need more photos of them too as they are just adorable!
Blogger kazumi, at 11:55 pm  
We are taking them to the beach for the first time on Saturday. I want to get a waterproof disposable camera for the occasion.

Not sure what we'll do for their 2nd birthday - probably same thing as last year. Something small at home, just a few guests. One thing I learned last year is that one cupcake is not enough to be considered the Branch's dinner!
Blogger junebee, at 2:50 am  
thanks for stopping by my blog. it's good that your business is well...busy. and as for the fat, it's a tough battle. a very tough battle, but i advise doing it the old fashioned way. that wardrobe is definitely incentive!
Blogger Writer and Nomad, at 8:47 pm  
Junebee: The beach sounds like a lot of fun. I remember the first time we took Hugo, he just revelled in all of that water. He didn't like the sand though.

I hope the Branch and Blossom have a fabulous time!! A chilled event sounds perfect - I say take it easy while you can ;)

April: I have to agree with you on doing the fat thing. I entertain the thought of diet pills, but unfortuantely know better. I'm meeting with my surgeon tomorrow to discuss exercise options post-surgery. Perhaps I'll have a chat to Mum about the wardrobe on Wednesday. I think that incentive is exactly what I need.
Blogger kazumi, at 6:45 pm  

Add a comment