The Contingency Plan

Sunday, October 08, 2006

boobs

nearly two months ago the little wolf was weaned. my breasts, once plump and full now sit lower
and almost look exhausted. poor things. and even though they're a big saggier, a bit stretched and a bit tired,
i love having them to myself again and regaining the sensitivity i lost. i'm surprised at how happy it's made me feel,
to have my body all to myself again, not having to think about anyone one but myself for the first time in two and a half years.
posted by kazumi at 11:19 am

5 Comments:

Kazumi: your post made me laugh. My wife fed our three units for more than twelve months each which I thought was totally excessive but she loved it. In fact with the last one she kept sneaking in the odd late night feed when she thought I wouldn't notice! So for three whole years her boobs were off limits to me and boy was I glad when she finally stopped!

HMHB
Blogger halfmanhalfbeer, at 5:45 pm  
Not to mention all the people who were nagging you about breastfeeding Hugo so long, now those people can get off your back. Like it was any of their business anyway.
Blogger junebee, at 3:10 am  
HMHB: Twelve months is an admirable effort for three children! I also loved breastfeeding and found it really (really really) hard to give up.

Junebee: Yes! They were so annoying and predominantly included Luc's mother and aunt. Phft.
Blogger kazumi, at 11:12 am  
aren't people just weird, thinking that they can make some comment about your decision to breastfeed!!! Ahh, I have people making comments about me beastfeeding for so long!!! Nobody breastfeeds where I live!!!
Blogger Lisa, at 7:48 am  
I agree and don't understand why mothers are frowned upon like weak and desperate creatures if they breastfeed for longer than twelve months!!

That's bad how no one breastfeeds! Midwives, early childhood workers and doctors here heavily encourage breastfeeding. A friend of mine recently had a baby and was told it was normal to breastfeed for two years. That was my deadline for Wolfy. I was really happy when he was weaned before then.
Blogger kazumi, at 10:52 am  

Add a comment