The Contingency Plan

Monday, October 09, 2006

Despite initial plans of a low key picnic for Hugo's birthday, I've been working on an alternate. One that involves a disco ball, dance music and three hours of crazy fun.

I can't claim the idea to myself as I fell in love with this around six months ago and have been scheming a way I can either pull it off here or tailor it for a client.

There's a perfect little hall within stone's throw of our house so I've been stalking the contacts listed online (and the actual hall) to see if I can hire it. It's such a convenient location, I don't think I want to go through with it unless I can have the hall. It will literally take a minute to talk to.

In addition to the dancing, snacks and drinks, I also want a chill out area with bean bags, matts, etc.

We took Wolf to a wedding a few months ago and he experienced his first dance floor. Oh how he loved it! The lights, the music, the people, he honestly tired Luc and I out. I can't wait!!
posted by kazumi at 11:38 am

6 Comments:

Wow, we can barely take Branch and Blossom to a restaurant! I wanna see pictures from the Disco Birthday!
Blogger junebee, at 6:56 am  
ooohhh I wish we could be there, sounds great.
Blogger Lisa, at 7:50 am  
Junebee: I understand, we rarely take Wolfy to a restaurant/cafe/enclosed space where you're suppose to behave as he's usually a nightmare. I can only imagine the effort required for twins...

If we manage to pull off the party I'll make sure I'll take LOTS of pictures.

Lisa: I wish you could be here too!!
Blogger kazumi, at 10:43 am  
No, I meant about taking Hugo to the wedding. My kids would be all over the place and into everything - other people's belongings, under the table, eating other people's food, etc.
Blogger junebee, at 10:58 am  
Ha! You're so right. Hugo was doing the same thing, but thankfully Luc and I had Mum, Natasha, Harry, and other family friends there to take turns in entertaining him....
Blogger kazumi, at 5:36 pm  
That sound like so much fun.

We had imrpomtu belly dancing at the end of the BOy's first birthday, after the grownups had had a few and the boy went to bed. NOt quite the same.
Blogger Carrien Blue, at 5:07 am  

Add a comment