The Contingency Plan

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Saturday mornings

My ultimate weekend involves sitting outside in the sunny garden, reading the entire weekend paper, drinking good coffee, smelling clean clothes drying on the line and occassionally looking up to see the little wolf contently playing with trucks and a clean house in the background.

My reality is that there is no paper, no coffee, the house is a mess, Wolf is watching tv and Luc's making me breakfast.

Not perfect but not bad either.
posted by kazumi at 9:41 am

2 Comments:

It looks like you took down the post about the Aboriginal man from Palm Island that was killed in police custody. While this is your blog and it is certainly your decision to take down a post, I think it served an important purpose to make people aware of the Palm Island situation, especially people like me in other parts of the world who otherwise wouldn't have known about it. I was going to re-read it since I read something today on SMH.

Hope you have a good weekend. Go out and buy a newspaper and some coffee. You deserve it.
Blogger junebee, at 3:20 am  
Ah, this was something I really contemplated yesterday, only because I feared more people I know (or work with) would find this blog. I've invested so much of myself here and am far more comfortable with sharing it with strangers!!
Anyway, I do feel passionately about this subject so I've worked out a compromise - I'll leave it up for about a week or so and then take it down.
Newspaper and coffee have been bought... yum.
Hope you have a lovely weekend too xx
Blogger kazumi, at 11:17 am  

Add a comment