The Contingency Plan

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

What a difference a week makes....

* We're meeting with the owners of the house we're renting tonight as they want to sell and make a proposal to us. Although I bitch, the house is beautiful and we'd only have to make a few changes (air conditioning, storage space and a security screen door at the front) so we're hoping the price will be right

* Luc was head hunted for an amazing role that will pay almost double his current wage (gasp), he'll start in two week's time

* I found out about a ten year high school reunion late November and have been playing catch up with a few old friends. Fun!

* I finally had my eyes re-tested and bought myself a pair of gorgeous glasses and disposable contact lenses after loosing my specs in Tokyo well over a year ago. And after using old and broken technology, I also sorted out a spanking new laptop and mobile phone

* Chloe and I took the boys to see their first concert, Hi-5, which was absolutely cray-zee

* But the day after, Chloe's house was robbed and the bastards stole her laptop, which had all of their photos of Louis, and no, nothing was backed up

* About a month ago, Gordon's Dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer and was placed in final care at the hospital yesterday. They don't think he'll come out alive so Gordon is finalising his will and funeral plans today. I'm helping him with the details he doesn't want to deal with

* My Dad, newly married and wanting to move out of the house he recently bought with Natasha, has asked my mother for a loan of $50,000 so he can buy a place, in cash, for him and his new wife. There are so many things wrong with this picture.

Of course she denied him the loan.
posted by kazumi at 9:08 am

2 Comments:

Wow, does you Dad have cajones of what!

So sweet of you to help with your friend's dad's will.

Not too many shopping days left till Hugo's second birthday!
Blogger junebee, at 10:56 am  
Junebee, you have no idea! I was in shock when Mum told me. What I find astounding is that he doesn't NEED the money, it would just be nice so he doesn't have to take out a mortgage and can pay for the place IN CASH. Seriously now!

Oh, I can't believe how old Hugo's getting!! *Sigh*
Blogger kazumi, at 11:17 pm  

Add a comment