The Contingency Plan

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I love having talented friends

It started off as a picnic at Bronte beach for Ivy's 30th birthday but ended up being a candid photo shoot of Hugo. Here are some of the shots Ivy took.

Chloe recently had family shots done (of herself, Louis and her hubby) and although the photographer is very talented, he is charging over $7,000 for four (4) canvases, four (4) framed enlarged prints and a 10 print outs. Ridiculous. Apparently the sitting was done for free and yes, this includes in special 20% discount.

Ivy and I are planning a family photo session that involves studio-esque shots at home (we have the perfect walls and natural light for it) and then an afternoon/sunset at the beach. I'm hoping to get them done for distribution as Christmas presents. I'd ideally like to put them in this calendar, which is so damn cute in real life!


























































posted by kazumi at 7:24 am

5 Comments:

$7000?! What the hell? I hope the canvas is made of freakin' gold. I think that is kind of crazy to pay that much for photos and I don't care who is taking them.

The photos Ivy took of Hugo are gorgeous! And your plans for the shots for Christmas presents sound lovely!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:46 am  
i'm all about candid shots---loathe the studio (sorry, but it's true--too Victorian). hugo is darling, naturally
Blogger SquirrleyMojo, at 12:50 am  
Ok, that's good, a fix of Hugo pics since we didn't get any for the birthday post~;)

I haven't had my kids pics professionally done for the same reason, although we've got tons of snapshots. It's insane what these photographers charge. The scam here (in the U.S.) is to sell you a package but print up the not-so-good pictures for the package. That way you'll voluntarily pay extra for the better pictures.
Blogger junebee, at 5:05 am  
i would pay the 7000 only if they were hand painted by vincent van gogh himself. i'm so confused because i know that someone HAS paid his fee at some time or another.

oh, and thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog. i may not stop it just yet. but i am being a negligent blogger.
Blogger Writer and Nomad, at 12:04 pm  
Blurry: I actually got the figure wrong. Chloe corrected me today as the final amount is actually $7,800 including the discount... Oh I hope to fit some photo-taking time in with all this moving...

Squirrley: I agree about the candid shots, I don't think we would do posed pictures in the studio, it's moreso for a white wall background.

Junebee: I'm so glad I managed to compensate for the lack of birthday photos, which leads me to ask what you have planned for Branch and Blossom??

April: I agree. The tricky thing about the whole situation is that this man is kinda a client so I'm supposed to justify these outrageous costs. Urgh... I'm so happy that you 'may' not stop blogging!! Aren't we all negligent bloggers at some stage?? I think it's natural as we still need to create stories to write about :)
Blogger kazumi, at 9:47 pm  

Add a comment