The Contingency Plan

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Although the past week has been quite confusing, I think it's steered Luc and I in the direction of seriously buying a property in the next 6-12 months. Mum has enjoyed all the debates on whether to buy this house and is a general freak when it comes to land (nearly all the Asians I know are), so although she's still upset that Luc and I aren't planning a wedding, we've consoled her with the fact that we will buy a place together.

Which is almost as good in her books.

Our last and final point in considering this house was to meet with a mortgage broker, which we did last night to discuss a loan. He was very helpful and full of good advice and it was handy to know how much a bank would lend us and how long it would take to repay. Luc and I have been working with very hypothetical figures to date so this straightened things a little, even though we weren't far off.

I went to sleep last night tired of working out whether we should buy this place and woke up this morning knowing that it's not for us. Luc also feels confident in this decision so we've been discussing Christmas and the move and things we can do in our new place and it feels liberating to be able to look forward with confidence.

Poor Hugo has experienced very little Christmas cheer lately so I can't wait for our move to be over, to buy a tree, some lights, some presents and some festive treats.

I'm starting our Christmas shopping this weekend (scared).

What are you asking Santa for Christmas this year?
posted by kazumi at 2:51 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment