The Contingency Plan

Friday, February 09, 2007

Holi-day!!!

We leave bright and early tomorrow for a week of nothingness, living it up in an apartment by the beach with Mum, Natasha and Harry right there to look after Hugo. I cannot wait. But it's just past 10pm, Hugo has a temperature, I've lost my voice from sickness and have yet to wash a load of laundry (my own clothes) before packing our shit up. Then there's briefly tidying the house so I don't come back to mouldy dishes in the sink. I'm really contemplating the notion of taking dirty clothes (in a separate bag) as our holiday abode has an internal laundry...

I'm really looking forward to this escape. I feel that I need one. Really, completely, desperately. Chloe and I found out this week that we didn't win two accounts that we pitched for, which we really felt we had in the bag. They both took a lot of preparation. It was very disappointing and hard because we're not used to not winning. And although I love him, I'm happy that Luc's only staying for a few days (he has to work). Breathing space is required.

And there's further good news because we've found a house that we completely adore!!!!!! It has five bedrooms, an office, a gorgeous yard, three living areas and a pool! I know, amazingly large!! And because it's a little run down, it's going for a great price. All we'd need to do is to rip up the carpet, polish up the floorboards underneath, buy fuck loads of new furniture and, in a few years, replace the kitchen with a new one. Not much at all... Let's hope the owners take their ornate cherry wood bar with them too. It's the kind of renovation I'm really looking forward to though. We visit the house for a second inspection tomorrow morning before vacating the city.

Things Hugo has thrown in the bin this week:

* 5 nappies
* $50 in cash (2x $20 + 1x $10)
* A pile of Luc's receipts that included one for his new mobile phone and dry cleaning
* Yummy food we took home with us from mid-week Yum Cha with Mum and Drew (Luc was extremely unimpressed)

What I'll be coming home to after my holiday:
* A house Luc's lived in, unattended for a week...
* A full de-brief from Gordon after his debut television appearance as a guest photographer on Australia's Next Top Model
* A reunion with an old school friend I haven't seen since graduation, who's staying with us (travelling from interstate) for our 10 year reunion
* An update on how Susi's friend is going with her new relationship.... with a Nazi

See ya later suckers

xox
posted by kazumi at 10:46 pm

1 Comments:

Have a fantastic time You never know, Luc may surprise you and have the house in good order when you come home!
Blogger junebee, at 1:24 pm  

Add a comment