The Contingency Plan

Monday, March 26, 2007

dinner party r.i.p.

There's an environmental story nearly every day in the papers and I fear the new inconvient truth is that all this doomsday messaging is producing new kind of everyday 'eco-warrior'.

Yes, you know the type.

You thought tailoring a dinner party was hard enough with all the protein-only, gluten free, organic vegans around - now there's also the ones who'll be looking out for energy efficient light globes, green calico grocery bags and filling our polenta-filled heads with talk of bio-diesel, waste water recycling and how the energy companies aren't really selling efficient products.

And it's when I'm sitting at another one of these fearful events that I really think, "God help us!"
posted by kazumi at 11:07 pm

2 Comments:

I guess that's why I don't have dinner parties. In order to increase our socialization, I've decided to invite one couple a month for dinner. That's about all I can handle with the kids right now.
Blogger junebee, at 10:32 am  
How are the dinner parties coming along? And the twins? Can you start blogging again sometime soon?? :)
Blogger kazumi, at 11:36 am  

Add a comment