The Contingency Plan

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

thank god for the kindness of strangers!

Before attending our dance class yesterday, Natasha and I did a spot of shopping our my local mall, Birkenhead Point. After an extensive yet successful search for a pair of lightweight, camel-toe-free track pants, we decided to pick up a bite to eat before going home.

I was just about to launch into the sushi we'd bought (after unsuccessfully offering some to Hugo), when a woman frantically ran up to me, insisting I not to eat the food. Her daughter had eaten from that store earlier in the week and suffered horrendous food poisoning.

And while food poisoning used to excite me with notions of weight loss, we profusely thanked the woman before closing the lunch box lid and returning it to the store.

I just read this article and am oh so thankful to that woman yesterday!! To think I was going to feed some to Hugo!
posted by kazumi at 8:22 am

5 Comments:

Hello Kazumi,
Happy you decided to go to the dance class. It is always great to have friend (partner) to go with. I find that it motivates me when I go with someone.
Hope you've enjoyed it.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:38 pm  
And WHY was this place still open for business?!
Blogger junebee, at 10:30 am  
OMG. That's not even 'just' food poisoning, but a potential for a continued liver disease. Cripes. Thank God that woman stopped you!
Blogger angela marie, at 1:19 am  
I love it when people do stuff like that. It restores my faith in humanity. Also, well done on getting camel-toe free trackies.
Blogger Eggs Akimbo, at 10:25 am  
Thanks Manie! Natasha stopped coming with me after the first class but this week marks my fourth week and I've increased my involvement from one to two classes a week, yay!

Junebee, I was at the mall again on Thursday and yes, they're still open for business!!! I couldn't believe it!

Angela Marie - I totally agree. It was such a serious issue that was so poorly handled by the authorities.

And thanks Em! Yes, my faith has also been restored (on both fronts as decent, affordable trackies are a bitch to find!).
Blogger kazumi, at 11:35 am  

Add a comment