The Contingency Plan

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

It seems my hibernation has lasted more than just one afternoon and I cannot work today.

My senses are coocooned by outside's darkness and heavy rain. A light blanket is wrapped around me and I still feel fresh after my recent shower. Hugo is in the bath screaming "Noooooooooo! Nooooo!" while Susi washes his face. Luc is still at work. I have a hunk of beef baking with some winter vegetables in the oven, warm smells are wafting through the apartment.

There is no music. The tv is turned off. All I can hear is the downpour outside, the faithful drone of the oven and the chatter of my son and Susi (face washing now over). Perfection.

I'm tired of work so today has been good. Sometimes I buckle under the pressure of what to do when I have time off. Do I see a movie? Do I attempt the additional cleaning I alway "plan" (cupboards, toy boxes, pantry, fridge)? Do I catch up with friends? Spend that little extra time on those demanding clients?

I love the rain because it justifies my interior tendencies.

posted by kazumi at 6:22 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment