The Contingency Plan

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Things that I could've, but haven't revealed here yet

1. I am hopelessly addicted to the Gilmore Girls. The witty banter, the lovable characters and sugary sweet story lines... Susi got us onto the show, and when I write "us", yes, Luc shamelessly watches as well. Hugo even knows how to say "Rory". I hope it never ends. We've bought seasons 1-6 and are suffering from major withdrawals as season seven isn't available here yet. Nothing Amazon can't help...

2. Luc and I are thinking of relocating to London. We're pretty sick of Sydney and Luc can also make a respectable wage there as a contractor. We'd be much closer to his side of the family and the Scottish half of mine (and I guess the 'rest of the world'). I've always wanted to go to Scotland, perhaps to muster some kind of connection to that part of my heritage as I look so Asian. I feel that part of the world drawing us in.

We're thinking of either moving there permanently or seriously saving and coming back with enough funds to make a mortgage more managable here. The only thing holding me back is my business. Which I really do love. We're going to give our current life a year, during which we will do a lot of research, and if we're still over it by then we'll move. It will be an easier decision if my cousin D. decides to move there as well...

3. The young Wolf and I are officially night owls. It's 1.30am and we're still comfortably awake. Part of me feels very guilty (as we're waking up pretty late), but it's so much fun. Tonight we slow danced to Diana Krall, I taught him how to recognise the sound of different instruments (drums, piano, guitar, flute, etc), he brushed my hair while we watched tv, we made up pretend instruments in the kitchen, rubbed bellies and he told me that he loves me 'so much'. Tomorrow we're going to yum cha with Mum and Harry. Yum yum! And then we're meeting with another au-pair as Susi's leaving in three weeks.

4. Dad called me for my birthday. I missed the call, but on his message he said that he wanted to meet and talk through things. He's re-locating to Thailand in a few months and I know that I may never see him again but I can't bring myself to do it. And it bothers me how I don't feel bad about that.

Ok. Bed time...
posted by kazumi at 1:21 am

3 Comments:

Save money? London is one of the most expensive cities in the world! But definitely, follow your dreams, because once Hugo gets into school, it won't be so easy to pack up and move. k
Blogger junebee, at 2:53 am  
I know it seems strange, but Luc would be making almost three times the amount he does here, which would certainly outweigh the general living costs. Some of his colleagues have gone over and come back two years later with over $250,000 in savings, which is virtually unheard of here!
Blogger kazumi, at 11:28 pm  
Hi you don't know but I randomly stumbled upon your blog and find it fasicnating hehe :)

anyways I'm a gilmore addict myself and being an addict, you find ways to watch :)

so season 7 ... is right
www.greatstufftv.tk (here!)... you can only watch it streaming online but if you're interested then it's there!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:35 pm  

Add a comment