The Contingency Plan

Friday, August 10, 2007

It's 5.26pm. The traffic noises outside are intensifying. Wolf is still sleeping and I plan to figure out dinner after this post. Our nanny is on the balcony, sitting under the apricot sky, happily chatting on the phone. This scene would be perfect if my heart weren't so heavy.

Last night I discovered that Luc has been partly living with the second girl for some time now. He's been dividing his time between our house and hers, lately spending far more time there than here, even nights. They plan to move in together once Wolf and I have moved on and have already been viewing places to live.

I suspected an affair between Luc and this woman four years ago and realise they may have been in contact this entire time. Who am I kidding. Of course they have been.

To avoid madness, I've been opening up a lot to friends, at times just sitting on the other end crying. I feel empty and despondent and like such a damn fool.

I know this may sound dramatic, but I just can't take anymore of this drama. In my sadness, a stronger side of me has come to light and I've set my plans. I hope to move out with Hugo in a couple of months, stay close to the city (so I don't have to travel far for work) and am starting to freelance my time out to the highest bidder. And I have a bidder.
posted by kazumi at 5:26 pm

6 Comments:

First, I have to say sorry for my absence in comments. I've been reading, but it's always rushed and I don't want to rush a comment on such an important time for you.

Second, wow! I just don't know what to say, Kazumi. All I can think of is that at this point if I were to somehow run into Luc on the street I would greet him with a swift kick to the shins. I mean really! Who does this guy think he is? On one hand I'm sad for you for finding this stuff out, but then on the other I'm very happy for you for finding this stuff out. The sooner you can get away from this man and start things fresh for yourself the better.

He truly does not deserve you.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:27 am  
Amen.
Blogger Tequila Red, at 2:20 am  
We find strength in our toughest moments. Don't beat yourself up. Don't second guess yourself.

In a way, is it easier knowing what you know now? Now you can walk away and take control of your future. This will get easier.
Blogger chanchow, at 2:54 am  
Having a plan is good. It will give you clarity. Hang in there. It will get better.
Blogger Em, at 8:38 am  
Well, just think, she won't be the last (the one he's been living with part-time). He's a serial cheater.

Lean on your friends, that's what they are for. I am glad they are there for you.
Blogger junebee, at 2:44 am  
Thanks everyone. Your comments really provide so much support.

Discovering Luc's a serial cheat was really hard, but it was also encouraging. He absolutely attacked my attractiveness, earning capacity and effort levels as the reason why our relationship was crumbling but learning that he's a habitual cheat helped me realise that it's actually him and not me. He's so full of shit.
Blogger kazumi, at 10:47 pm  

Add a comment