The Contingency Plan

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

On the way home yesterday...

Harry: I've been worried about Mum lately
Me: Oh really, what's up?
Harry: She's been really emotional and depressed. She calls me every day -
Me: - And the difference from normal behaviour would be....
Harry: I had to talk her out of setting up another massage parlour last week. She was ready to go overseas for the girls and started scouting places in Perth
Me: Oh shit
Harry: Exactly. She was going to tell us that she went back to Taiwan and just come back after a few months with a house deposit. She only decided against it because she knew we wouldn't approve.
Me: I see
Harry: I'm so glad she's opening the ice cream place instead
posted by kazumi at 10:04 pm

3 Comments:

Oh my! Your mother sounds very interesting!

Hope you are doing OK this week.
Blogger Em, at 10:42 pm  
Ice Cream and Massages! In the same location! A niche market that hasn't yet been tapped!
Blogger junebee, at 2:00 am  
Em: Interesting is certainly one word to describe her!

I'm doing MUCH better this week thanks :)

Junebee: Ice cream and massages would certainly present a new take on the whole business...
Blogger kazumi, at 10:12 am  

Add a comment