The Contingency Plan

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

It's a warm night and I can feel my skin still sticky from an earlier dance class.

The house is still and I'm alone. Harry is out, Emily is asleep and Wolf is staying with Luc at his new pad. I feel guilty for enjoying the serenity. I feel silently ecstatic, perhaps another side-effect of the class.

I would normally be going to bed now, preparing for my first permanent day at work, but there have been some last-minute developments (namely the client I was to work on dropping the project) so I'll now be starting in January 2008. As you can imagine, this isn't the best financial outcome, though I'm relishing it on other planes. I thankfully retained two ongoing clients with my business so that should sustain me in the meantime, along with continued contract work with the Agency. This also allows Chloe more time to transition into work again.

Yes, I'm trying to stay positive.

My social networks are also expanding. I'm noticing a few different friend groups developing, which makes me really happy. I'm seeing the crew on Friday night for dinner at Ivy's house and hanging out with friends from the dance studio on Saturday night. I cannot wait to go out and dance dance dance!

Due to the events of my last post, the romance has absolutely died between me and the fling and I notice I barely think of him now. I would normally replace him with random thoughts of someone new, but I can't be bothered. I thought I would respond well to the meaningless sex (particularly as I really welcomed it) but I didn't. Maybe it was the wrong fit? Perhaps I work best when I'm in a relationship and can add more than just a body. Perhaps it shows that I'm not as confident as I would like, or maybe that I like to have something deeper. I don't know.

Luc and I had lunch today and I mentioned casually dating to him. He was really good about it but absolutely drilled me for names and details, which I refused. He also suggested something very intruiging, which is moving to London in around a year's time. We could both move there with Hugo, live separately but still be supportive of each other, travel and earn the pound. Luc has the potential to make a killing there in IT and the PR industry is huge in London and I could easily find work given the brands I've managed. I actually like the notion! I've always wanted to live London and travel throughout Europe and this may be the ideal way to achieve it, while keeping Hugo's best interests in mind.

Anyway, that's it from me today...
posted by kazumi at 10:48 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment