The Contingency Plan

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The price of style

How much is too much?

Wolf needs some funky new threads and I'm tired of Target so I've found some fantastic pieces online but have been blown away a little by the prices, even if Luc goes in half. After all, he's only three years old and will get around a year's wear out of these items. Perhaps a year and a half if we're lucky.

For instance, even though these jeans are made by a funky French label and are the best skinny legs I've seen around, would you pay $149 for them?













And although I ADORE this jacket, is it worth a $175.00 price tag?













How about this really divine little hand knitted vest for $69?













Or this cute little cardi for a cool $119?












These four items alone would set me back a whopping $512.

And even though I'm almost tempted, it just doesn't seem right.

Do you agree?
posted by kazumi at 11:56 pm

5 Comments:

This is bloody expensive! Those jeans look a bit too big for Wolf, don't they?
I love the jacket too, it is really nice.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:22 am  
Yowzers! That's pricy for kids clothes. Instead of getting fancy threads for Wolf, I think you should get some kick ass jeans for yourself. You'll be able to wear them forever.
Blogger chanchow, at 5:46 am  
chanchow--and how!
Blogger SquirrleyMojo, at 1:49 pm  
I'd never spend that much for clothing for anyone!

Junebee
Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:27 pm  
Relieved to hear I'm not the only one just slightly surprised!

I've compromised and found a great pair of jeans for both Wolf and I at a margin of the cost.

Win-win...
Blogger kazumi, at 1:53 am  

Add a comment