The Contingency Plan

Saturday, August 02, 2008

from one to ten

Lists are such telling creations that say so much about our times - don't indulge me with the details, just the juicy bits please. And fast.

I have pages of empty ones that I plan to fill... what to wear this week. What to cook. Top five ways to spend my weekend. Seven things I overheard at work today. Ten things in my house that I hide before company arrives.

Frivolous lists abound and I use them as fodder for emails or conversations, often to the delight of my friends.

However, the serious ones are too telling because what I really want is:

More oxygen
Endless recognition
To fall and have my faith restored

And I long to be held above all and the fact that this is so cliche devours any originality I thought was possible within me.
posted by kazumi at 6:01 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment