The Contingency Plan

Sunday, October 05, 2008

I'm listening to Jeff Buckley's "Everybody here wants you" and am trying to write structured and articulate sentences, but the song and his voice are unraveling me...

I entered this October long weekend quite uncertain. Wolf was scheduled to stay with Luc (it's his turn this weekend) and a bestie that I usually hang with during my "single" time was flying to Melbourne to see about a boy.

Dance classes were unfortunately not an option. During a GI Jane moment three weeks ago, I lifted a number of heavy gardening pots (full of dirt), shifted them up some stairs and although I did bend with my knees, my back has been strained ever since.

And the last thing usually on my list was definitely not on the cards because as cliche as it sounds, I'm not in the mood. Plus, after a three year distance, I saw Jack again a few weeks ago and he's back on the scene in a capacity I'll need to outline in a different post.

So with all of this in mind, I had planned to hit the beach, equipped with a book, an iPod and the strong desire for an awesome tan. I need to unwind and have felt quite ungrounded recently, but the weather has been totally shite.

But it's not all bad news because abandoning my usual options has forced me discover a range of new ones - ones that I cannot believe I've forgot or neglected like:
And there's still a day to go!
posted by kazumi at 11:22 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment