The Contingency Plan

Friday, December 30, 2005

report card

the New Year is looming
a time to ponder the past
and make a wish-list for the future
this was my 2005 list
i was so inspired by the act of creating it
my lucky 13
and out of the lot, i've achieved....
around five
yikes
this is the run-down:
-----
1: failed. didn't loose 20kg, but have done around half of it, the hard way, while still breastfeeding (that should still count, right?)
2,3 and 4: failed. didn't take a course, a dance class or finish a single book. horrifying when i consider all i read the year before
5,6,7 and 8: covered off. hugo and i found a routine we're both happy with and i now enjoy cleaning so much that i stopped hiring our cleaners months ago and our house looks and feels better for it
9: failed. me didn't proactively learn no knew words this year
10: achieved. bills paid, tick!
11: failed. i didn't volunteered. sounds selfish but sometimes i barely have enough for myself after Hugo, Luc, our home, family and friends and my business take what they need. i'm sure i'll get over the guilt one day
12: art is on its way. fabulous photographer-friend is helping me create massive snaps of spawn and after discovering how cheap canvases are to buy, i'm inspired to create a masterpiece or two to adorn (or scorn) our home
13: before my friendship with sophie, i didn't have one 'best friend', instead i had a number of close friends, all very different people and i've kinda gone back to that. i still get lonely sometimes (who doesn't?), but would rather have my eggs spread, happier that way
------
hm. so time to think of a new list
suggestions?
you show me yours and i'll show you mine?
what a deal, you know i will anyway...
posted by kazumi at 10:42 am

2 Comments:

I posted a comment here last night but I don't see it now. I wrote that the important thing was that you made a schedule for Hugo. The words to learn and books to read will always be there, but you only have your little guy once.

If you get a slow start on this year's resolutions, there's always Chinese New Year to start anew at the end of this month! ;)
Blogger junebee, at 2:25 am  
That's so strange - the comment you originally wrote was emailed to me but it doesn't appear here...

Chinese New Year's looking pretty good ;)
Blogger kazumi, at 11:34 pm  

Add a comment