The Contingency Plan

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Because I feel the need for a sense of achievement...

Squirrely was right; the list was/is simply too long. I gave myself a tiny month to get through it all, which provided no time for surfing ebay, reading blogs, watching tv, and eating ice cream with Rachael.

But anyway, I'm happy to report that I've done the important things.

I've sorted out care for Hugo by hiring a fabulous au-pair.

Hugo started weekly playgroup and Gymbaroo, and I find out this week whether he made it into swimming lessons (the lines are long for the good places).

I've created a basic website for work.

I've totally organised one of our spare rooms (as Rachael stays in it) and am half way through the second.

I only have around five loads of laundry to finish the lot (we've seriously done around twenty loads and have taken to febreezing and wearing our underwear four times - normal, inside out, back to front and inside out back to front).

And although I haven't taken on an art project (Luc and I have been going through a rocky patch so I haven't been able to muster the inspiration to paint anything for him), but I 've been cooking nearly every night, which I think is quite an achievement and nearly all the meals are new ones so that feels like quite creative.

And the office isn't totally done, but it's in a state where our admin assistant can come and work without any issues.

That's not tooo bad...
posted by kazumi at 3:57 pm

3 Comments:

Sounds like a great start!

Swimming lessons are very popular here too, and so necessary with the # of pools and other bodies of water.
Blogger junebee, at 1:59 am  
Not too bad? Sounds like a pretty good effort to me!
Blogger Bente, at 9:05 am  
Thanks guys!
Blogger kazumi, at 9:18 am  

Add a comment